Recycling and Reuse
According to the EPA, 75% of Americans’ trash can be recycled, but only 25% actually is. These resources can help you do your part to reduce waste.
Recycling is different in each city. Click on the logos below to see your city’s recycling opportunities:
Convenient drop off locations
There are also a variety of drop off locations throughout the community to take your recyclables.
- Clayton Ward Recycling Centers: Richland or Kennewick
- Basin Disposal Recycling Locations in Pasco
- Richland Drop box recycling
- Waste Management Kennewick
- Horn Rapids Landfill
- Free Appliance Recycling Richland
- Metals & Steel Pacific Steel & Recycling in Pasco and Kennewick
Household hazardous waste
Franklin County residents can drop off unwanted household hazardous waste at Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
1721 Dietrich Road in Pasco
(Between Basin Recycling and BDI Transfer)
Ph: (509) 547-2088 Get Directions
Hours of Operation: Mon-Friday, 10 am to 3 pm (or by Appointment)
Benton County Residents should have a permanent facility in 2021, until then collection events are held annually. For more information contact Benton County’s Solid Waste Division at (509) 736-3084 x5682 or visit their webpage at Benton County Solid Waste.
The Horn Rapids Landfill accepts a few household hazardous waste items including used motor oil (5 gallon limit per visit), Antifreeze, Cooking oil, Automotive batteries, Rechargeable batteries, Propane tanks and canisters.
E-Cycle Washington is a free program that makes it easy for Washington residents to recycle their broken, obsolete or worn-out electronics.
Electronic products contain valuable materials that can be recycled and toxic chemicals that should be kept out of the landfill. See www.ecyclewashington.org where to drop off electronics in your area.
Receive instant cash for your mobile phone at eATM kiosks in WalMart Stores.
Thrift stores to recycle clothing and home goods
- Goodwill Industries, 345 S. Columbia Center Blvd, Kennewick, (509) 579-4032
- Repeat Boutique, 22 W. Kennewick Ave., Kennewick – (509) 619-0600; 1331 George Washington Way, Richland.
- Sails Outlet , 408 N. Fruitland St., Kennewick, (509) 586-‐8599
- Seattle Children’s Kennewick Bargain Boutique – 2810 W Kennewick Ave., Kennewick – (509) 783-0225
- St. Vincent Center, 731 N. Columbia Center Boulevard, Kennewick, (509) 783-7020
- Threads, 127 W. Kennewick Avenue, Kennewick, (509) 735-‐4370.
- Amber Rose Consignment, 1315 George Wa. Way, Richland, (509)943-‐6542
- Atomic City Thrift– 1420 Jadwin Ave. in Richland – (509) 946-1221
- Community Thrift– 303 Wellsian Way in Richland – (509) 315-1970
- Goodwill Industries, 201 Wellsian Way, Richland, (509) 946-4575
- Habitat Restore: Tri-County Partners HFH Store, 309 Wellsian Way, Richland, (509) 943-1330
- New Beginnings1016 Lee Blvd., Richland, (509) 946-‐7231
- Repeat Boutique, 1331 George Washington Way, Richland, (509) 940-5599.
- Goodwill Industries, 3521 W. Court Street, Pasco, (509) 547-7717
- Teen Challenge Resale & Donation Center – 1120 W Sylvester St., Pasco. (509) 547-2341
Used Books, Movies, Video Games in Tri-‐Cities, WA
- Adventures Underground, 1391 George WA Way, Richland, (509) 946-9893
- GameStop, W.27th Ave., Kennewick, (509) 737-0910
- Richland & Mid-‐Columbia Libraries Friends of the Library book sales.
Yard waste is picked up at the curbside in the City of Richland and is composted at the Horn Rapids Landfill. Residents can drop yard waste at the landfill for free, non-residents must pay a fee. See www.ci.richland.wa.us/solidwaste for more information.